Monday, February 7, 2011

The beginning anew for those with purpose shall be henceforth described as "prior misdirection".

The title's not a famous person quote or anything.  I think it sounds epic though.

_____________________________________
Alright.  I am blogging.

This event stems from the fact that on the "Blog Created" screen, between the buttons "Customize how the blog looks" and "Start blogging", the latter happened to be the larger, more obvious one.
Mainly, however, the creation of this blog stems from the fact that I find myself in between classes every day with not enough time for work, but too much time to exercise advanced motor skills such as thumb-twiddling.

I didn't know until now that this site is owned by Google.  Wow.  If the internet was based on market shares, Google has monopolized the industry.  I can click between multiple sites in a row, wonder, "How am I logged into these sites?", and then realize, oh, it's because Google owns all of them.
 
Cool, now I'm going to be self-centered for a minute and introduce myself.  I'm Scott, a teenager-turned-University-student in Texas.  Currently I work as a technician (The IT Guy, that's me).  I play a little guitar, and my hobbies include building and maintaining computers, and the same with firearms.  Also among my hobbies is sarcasm.

Alright, now that I have four obviously-divided and loosely formatted paragraphs, you can tell that I am a total neat freak.  But what do I blog about?  What is a typical blog supposed to be about?

What the hell is a blog?

Time to hit up Wikipedia.
........

Okay, turns out it's a portmanteau of the words "web log".  Yeah, I should have known that, but my generation won't surprise me at all if the word "blog" finds it's way into the dictionary, itself.

Ah, yes.  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blog
Incredible.

According to both Wikipedia and the freaking dictionary, a blog is where I can come to express my thoughts and reflect.
In order to do these things, I must not only know what I am thinking, but I must also paint myself silver.

Ah, reflect figuratively.  I see.

Well, today, I'm thinking it's been hella-cold recently, but I'm surviving like thousands of years of evolution have taught me and everybody else how to:  find a damn house and go inside there.  Now you might think that, nowadays, this "house" concept can be extrapolated to "buildings-in-general", and therefore "the workplace", but server rooms are actually quite chilly, if you didn't know.  So right now I'm heading out of the cold air and into the slightly less-cold office for work, the temperature of which is well-compensated-for by the fact that I love my job.  So, goodbye for now.  More to come later!

P.S. I think I'm going to have to title every blog entry with a 'bardarse-sounding' sentence of my own design.  Feel free to leave comments about your emotions regarding the titles if the entry itself fails to spark conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you bro. I'm also into computers and milsim sports, and will be updating my blog soon, as i haven't had the time to do thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your internet are belong to us. (Google)

    I guess Google is just like every other major corporation. Coca-Cola, Walmart, Microsoft, BP, etc, they are intertwined socially and structurally. They are even intertwined on the internet. for instance, Google's spell checker corrects "coka-cola" to "Coca-Cola", you know they watch out for each others backs. A single misspelled company name might mean reduced profits...

    What does this mean? I don't know. It means there'll be red squiggly lines under misspelled company names I guess... Okay...

    ReplyDelete